Balinese & Javanese (0)
Balinese, a semi-longhaired Siamese, come in 4 standard Siamese colors: Seal Point, Blue Point, Chocolate Point and Lilac Point.
Terrie and Bruce began breeding Balinese in 1989. It wasn't easy! Breeding Balinese with show type requires persistence and patience. It requires breeding back to the parent breed,(siamese) often to retain type and health. In doing so a litter of shorthaired Balinese is produced. These kittens are not showable but are invaluable to the breeding program. The next generation bred back to a longhair will produce 50% longhairs and 50 % shorthairs statistically.
Terrie and Bruce have incorporated many Siamese lines into their pedigrees over the years including J-Bar, Silmara, Thaifong, Sanlino, Caru and moist recently a new Siamese kitten from Donna Davis (Thaibok). Purrmatix Balinese, Javanese and Orientals have been shared with over 30 catteries worldwide in every region of CFA including Japan and the International Division. Read "The Long and The Short Of It."
In the 1998-99 show season what was once thought an unattainable dream came true. GC,BW,NW Purrmatix Undeniable "Undie" (pictured left) became the first National Winning Balinese in CFA! She was CFA's 10th Best Cat - North Atlantic Region's 4th Best Cat. Balinese have been accepted for Championship status since 1970 and took longer to have their first National winner than any breed in CFA. This was truly a remarkable achievement! Read Undie's story.
Since that time Purrmatix has had three more National winners :
- GC,BW,NW Purrmatix The Story in Her Eyes "Miss Book" - CO-owned with Mary Kwaterski
- CFA's 18th Best Cat 1999-2000 and Midwest Region's Best Cat
- GC,BW,NW Mistymoon Michaelena of Purrmatix "Michie" - CO bred and owned with Mary Kwaterski
- CFA's 9th Best Cat and North Atlantic Regions Best Cat 2001-2002
- GC,BW,NW Purrmatix Everyonewantstobelikemike "Mikey"
- CFA's 8th Best Cat 2002-2003 and North Atlantic Regions 2nd Best Cat